Monday, October 24, 2016

My Husband Described.

You know how there was that trend going around a bit ago about the three fictional characters who describe us best? Well, this is my evolution of it.
(drum roll please?)
My husband as described....in Parks and Rec characters.



Anyone who knows me knows that I am a big fan of Parks and Rec. Second probably only to my little sister Jayna, who watches it daily. There are few things that can raise my spirits like a word from little Pawnee, Indiana. Aside from the uncanny resemblance of my personal traits to its main character, Leslie Knope, it has genius comedic value, phenomenal character development throughout, and such solid casting. Five stars, would recommend.
I realize this is deeply self-indulgent, and I do. not. care.
For those of you who know him and/or love P&R, I hope you enjoy this. Those of you who don't... you're about to.
Of all the characters in the show, I have meticulously calculated that Vaughn is composed of the following:
31% Ron Swanson
2% Tom Haverford
26% Andy Dwyer
3% Chris Traeger
6% Jerry (Larry, Gary) Gergich
32% Ben Wyatt

How? Allow me to explain.

Ron Swanson (31%)



Vaughn is a pretty grumpy guy, crotchety-old-guy-on-a-stoop status. He hates change and would be pleased to wake up at the same time every morning, eat the same breakfast, do the same thing, and live in the same house for the entirety of his life. He has a heart of gold, but you have to dig through a grumpy exterior to find it. He also has simple loves, a general distaste for puppies, likes some GD peace and quiet, and he hates that Google knows where he lives. He also frequently says "everyone are idiots," and hates large groups of people.



Tom Haverford (2%)


Vaughn isn't really like Tom in any way, except he sings really obnoxiously to get my attention basically every minute of every day. Like so:



Andy Dwyer (26%)



You know him as the sexy Chris Pratt. To me, he is forever Andy Dwyer. He plays guitar and loves candy. His dream job is being a rockstar, but in actuality ends up playing gigs at kid's parties (is this not the perfect occupation for Vaughn?) And like the man I married, he also has a silly misunderstanding of how technology works and is crazy great with kids because he's basically still a child himself.

\

Chris Tregger (3%)

I LOVE Chris Traeger. He is a secondary character without whom my heart would be incomplete. Vaughn isn't a health nut like Mr. Traeger is (see description of Andy Dwyer), but this man can run for daaaaaays. Vaughn's resting heart rate is lower than a dead man's. Plus, he's slightly neurotic about organization and cleanliness, and when he gets sick, you'd think it's the plague for how melodramatic he is.



Jerry / Gary / Larry (6%)

POOR JERRY. Jerry has the worst luck of anyone on television ever. Such as it is with my husband. He is talented, lovable, but gets shafted in everything. He is never recognized for all that he does, and he is living proof that Murphy's Law is alive and well.
AND Jerry's got a smokin' hot wife, just like Vaughn does. ;)
Waa waaaaaa.


Ben Wyatt (32%)

Oh my love, Mr. Ben Wyatt. He is my heart throb on this show, which makes sense because he is most like my husband. Vaughn may not be as nerdy in the same type of things, but interests aside, his personality is pretty Ben Wyatt-y. They have similar views on Facebook and has accepted the official role of reining in his crazy girlfriend. Vaughn tolerates me pretty well, and is the only person able to talk down my crazy.
What you're about to see is actual footage of my husband.
Every time I open my mouth:



Every time I show affection:


Every time he thinks I'm not looking:


Every time he wakes up from a nap:



If you made it this far, BRAVO. Now you may know a little bit more about Vaughn. Or maybe you just have a strong desire to go binge watch Parks and Rec. I support both responses.
Vaughn is one spectacular guy. If you haven't met him, you should. But he's probably busy talking down his cuckoo wife from a pedestal of overreaction or intentionally singing the wrong lyrics to a pop song on the radio.


Much love, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment