Tuesday, February 7, 2017

My 2017 Reading List

It's a little late for New Year's Resolutions, but a month ago I was anti-social and too exhausted to post on anything on social media. So, bear with me here. I deserve a high-five at least cuz "better late than never," amiright?




I have a couple of personal resolutions that I've been working on, but one is to read (and finish reading) books that have sat stagnant on my to-be-read list. I have this mile-long list of books to read (have you seen my Goodreads account? it's ridiculous), but that tends to get placed on the back burner because...reasons. So this year, I have a list of books I would like to read in 2017! I've never done this before, but I think it will help me avoid some reading fatigue. It has a lot of diverse genres and authors and I'm pretty stoked about it. 

Here's what I considered while making these lists:

1. Avoid letting my hold list determine what I read. I have a bad habit of putting 18 books on hold at the library and having them all become available during the same week. Deadlines sooooort of make me really anxious and then I don't enjoy the book as much! It's silly. 

2. Read the books you own! Duh. I take my owned books for granted, cuz I can allegedly read them anytime.

3. Stop getting stuck on authors. I do this thing where I find an author I like and read everything she / he has written until I hate the English language (sorry John Green, you didn't deserve that). 

4. Read long books. You're an adult now. You can read big, long, hefty books. Stop being Gaston, you're obviously a Belle.  



TBR List for 2017

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
*ALL of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Enoch Letters by Neal A. Maxwell
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Hero, Second Class by Mitchell Bonds (I know the author!)
Baghdad Burning by Riverbend (one my husband has wanted me to read for ages)
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher (rest in peace, General)
Isaiah for Airheads by John Bytheway
Dracula by Bram Stoker
A Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Allan Bradley
*Out of the Silent Planet series by CS Lewis
Something by Sheri Dew
Something by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Something (Sense and Sensibility) by Jane Austen
Something by Charles Dickens
Something by Agatha Christie
Something by Jules Verne
Something by Amy Tan

*currently reading
I'll be crossing them off as I finish them. 

Have you read any of these? How do you plan what you read next? I LOVE talking about books, so hit. me. up. I'd love to hear suggestions! 

Happy reading, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment